Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Mrs. Mary Fister Dies At Plano

Original clipping of my my great grandmother Mette Karine a.k.a. Mary Fister's obituary, from The Aurora Beacon-News, Tuesday, January 8, 1935 (possibly page 2).  Her daughter Margaret is my grandmother. From my personal collection.

This weekend my father surprised me with this clipping of my great grandmother Mette Karine's obituary in the Aurora Beacon-News (Aurora, Illinois).  I suspect it was my grandmother's copy of the obituary notice.



© 2016 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. OK here's your chuckle for the day. In my email I read this as "dies at piano" and thought how bizarre is that ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me you are not the only one who sees "piano" lol

      Delete