Saturday, March 12, 2016

Tip: Age Calculator on Ancestry's Search Form

I'm trying to get smarter and faster with my searches, so that I have more time for analysis.  The following is an example of one of the many time-saving tools that are right there that I have not been using, or even acknowledging.

How have I missed this for the past 5 years??

You'd think I would have clicked on that little calculator icon at least once this whole time, but no.

Whenever I have to figure out someone's birth year in relation to another year, I always open a new tab, type in the date minus the age, and Google shows figures it out.  Talk about an unnecessary step!  Ancestry can do it all for me right there on the search page.



Duh!






© 2016 Copyright, Christine Manczuk, All Rights Reserved.

4 comments:

  1. Well how great is that! Now my ancestors will not be younger than their children.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great tip Christine!

    I want to let you know that your blog post is listed in today's Fab Finds post at http://janasgenealogyandfamilyhistory.blogspot.com/2016/03/follow-friday-fab-finds-for-march-18.html

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to find Age Calculator then it is Overall looking for a Chronological age or anniversary calculator then this is your best option in age Calculator.

    Age Calculator By Date Of Birth (Days, Months)
    Calculation of age with interesting details!
    If you want to know the details of your age, then install the Age Calculator

    ReplyDelete